GG-CE 2021.6 update
I’m happy to announce the availability of the v2021.6 release of GG-CE.
v2021.6 adds passport data mapping to Multi-crop Passport Descriptors, paving the way for automated publishing of passport data from GG-CE to Genesys and other sytems. Work started on improved support for Viability testing with a new section of GG-CE Web.
Please check the complete list of changes at:
- Announcement #82 (closed)
- Web https://gitlab.croptrust.org/grin-global/grin-global-ui/-/releases/v2021.6
- API https://gitlab.croptrust.org/grin-global/grin-global-server/-/releases/v2021.6
- Added language selection to the entry page
- Added a separate section for viability testing
- Browse passport data in MCPD format
- Added API endpoints for viability testing actions
- Added API for managing attachment metadata
- Added mapping of passport data to MCPD
Improvements and bug fixes:
- Fixed autocompleter for selecting inventory maintenance policy
- Added basic overview of inventories to the In vitro section
- Added support for managing details of
- Users can schedule actions for multiple selected inventories
- There are no changes to the database model between
GG-CE can be used in any of the supported languages. Some translations for Spanish and French language are already in place, but many need more work! We are looking for coordinators of translation teams and people who wish to contribute to GG-CE by translating from English to your language.
Help make GG-CE better by contributing translations at https://www.transifex.com/crop-trust/gg-ce-web/ !
A new section of GG-CE Web at /viability focuses on processes around viability testing. The first version allows users to browse and search the existing viability data.
Look for the "Inventory viability" card on the entry page!
Coming soon: Reviewing inventories in need of testing, making a seed request, labeling and recording observations during germination tests (including tetrazolium tests) and calculation of the final test results.
Mapping to MCPD
The data model for accession documentation in GG-CE is very rich and goes well beyond what MCPD has to offer. GG-CE to MCPD mapping documents the current approach.
We still need to resolve the following MCPD fields:
STORAGE: Type of germplasm storage
MLSSTATUS: MLS status of the accession (see MLS status in GG-CE)
CROPNAME: Common crop name (?!)
Look for the "Passport data in MCPD" card on the entry page!