GG-CE 2021.7 update
I’m happy to announce the availability of the v2021.7 release of GG-CE.
v2021.7 implements a number of tools to support viability testing and brings the first UI
that includes printing ZPL labels (on Desktop computers). We are exploring how to enable label printing on Android mobiles.
Please check the complete list of changes at:
- Announcement #89 (closed)
- Web https://gitlab.croptrust.org/grin-global/grin-global-ui/-/releases/v2021.7
- API https://gitlab.croptrust.org/grin-global/grin-global-server/-/releases/v2021.7
- Added management of
- Support for viability testing process
- Added API endpoints for inventory viability rules, viability testing
- Added API for managing
Improvements and bug fixes:
- Click-and-drag to select multiple rows in tables
- Display duration (in days) for order requests and actions
- Enabled editing of code values using the Curator Tool
- Better support for full-text querying with lenient query parsing
- There are no changes to the database model between v2021.7 and v2021.7 release
AppSetting enable system-wide configuration and the settings apply to all users. The primary example are label templates -- they are configurable (by Administrators) and are used by everyone.
v2021.7 demonstrates the support for viability testing process. Look for the Inventory Viability card on the Welcome page!
- Flagging inventories for testing
- Selecting inventories to test (batch) and creating an
- Starting the viablitity test, with printing labels for replicates
- Capture multiple counts
Flagging inventories for testing is the first step in scheduling viability tests. These are recorded as pending inventory actions and can now be registered manually in the Inventory browser. One can schedule inventory actions from the Inventory list page by first selecting the inventories, then clicking the Schedule inventory action button:
In the dialog you select Viability test for action type and confirm. In future releases we will discuss how the system can automatically schedule inventories for viability testing. If you now check the Pending inventory actions list, you'll notice the freshly added records:
Until this inventory action is started and becomes in progress (because it has a
startedDate), GG-CE considers the inventory is Scheduled for viability testing.
Inventores flagged for testing are listed under Prepare order:
Since the capacity for viability testing is limited, a curator selects which inventories will go for testing and sets the appropriate Rule for testing:
The system then registers a new Order request and when that order is delivered to the viability testing team, all the information is already in the system.
The technician begins the testing process by scans the inventory barcode on the received packet (
inventory.barcode) and is able to print labels for test replicates as per inventory viability rule. They prepare and label each replicate and begin the test.
When it is time to make an observation, the technician scans the replicate barcode and inputs the counts:
We need to test and discuss this process with the community and design the calculation of final results of a test.