- OpenJDK 11 (https://adoptopenjdk.net) to develop and run the Server
- node 14 (https://nodejs.dev/) to develop and run GG-CE Web
- Access to an MSSQL database with sufficient privileges to manage the schema (
- Eclipse for Java or another IDE
- Visual Studio Code is the preferred IDE for frontend development
Use an existing MSSQL instance or install the current version of MSSQL Express. On Linux and macOS it is simplest to run MSSQL as a Docker container.
The GG-CE Server requires owner privileges on the database so it can create, update and alter the database schema.