Request: Creating or updating a request for material
Requests for material come from various sources (
web_order_request, Genesys, email, phone, in person, or even may be system generated). This issue is about creating, reviewing and editing the
OrderRequest and the list of
The general procedure outline is as follows:
- Optional: Register a new
OrderRequestin the system
- Review and update requestor information
- Ensure the request is valid: is for research, has SMTA pre-acceptance (shrink-wrap, click-wrap), etc.
- Review and manage the list of requested material:
- Set or modify the source inventory of each requested item (to be withdrawn and shipped)
- Ensure that each
OrderRequestItemis available and has sufficient quantity for distribution
- Offer alternative inventories to requestor?
- Negotiate with the requestor about items not (currently) available by offering alternatives.
- Split order?
- Update source inventory
- Finalize the
- Withdrawal, packing and distribution
- Reject the request?
@all It would be really helpful if you contribute to how incoming requests for material are handled, and how GG-CE can help with processing incoming requests.
The person in charge of distribution needs to be able to:
- Review any incoming request
- Not reject items, but offer/negotiate alternative material
- Agree on the final list of source inventories with the requester and submit that for withdrawal and delivery #91