GG-CE 2021.9 update
I’m happy to announce the availability of the v2021.9 release of GG-CE.
2021.9 release improves the support for Request management in GG-CE and updates the support for "triggers" and permission checks.
Please check the complete list of changes at:
- Announcement https://gitlab.croptrust.org/grin-global/support/-/issues/98
- Web https://gitlab.croptrust.org/grin-global/grin-global-ui/-/releases/v2021.9
- API https://gitlab.croptrust.org/grin-global/grin-global-server/-/releases/v2021.9
- Adding accessions to
- User can select/change the
Inventoryof each order request item that will be used for distribution
Improvements and bug fixes:
- The current menu item is highlighted.
- Table header columns are not truncated.
- The distribution Checklist respects inventory barcodes.
- CRUD operations are revised for more consistent updating and better support for permission checks
- Missing accession and inventory numbers are generated and assigned in a background thread
- There are no changes to the database model between v2021.8 and v2021.9 release
Adding accessions to a request
Previous versions only allows to register
Inventories with Orders. This release includes the option to Add accessions to the order.
Step 1: Use the filters to find accessions of interest:
Step 2: Select the rows and click the Add accesssions button:
The selected accessions (their SYSTEM inventories actually) will be added as new order request items to the request:
With this, the request for material is properly recorded in the system and is ready for the next step: selecting the actual source inventories.
Selecting source inventories for withdrawal
Depending on the purpose of the request, you may want to change the inventory from where material will be distributed.
The order items displayed in the screenshot above refer to system inventories (i.e. accessions).
Step 1: To select or change the source inventory of order items, first select the rows of items that you want to adjust, then hit Source inventory button:
This brings up a dialog displaying the list selected items in the top table, and the list of alternative source inventories in the table below.
By clicking the radio button in the top table, the list of alternative source inventories is updated:
By clicking the radio button in the source inventories table, that inventory will become the source inventory from which material is withdrawn for distribution.
After you're done selecting the sources, confirm your selection by hitting the Save button.
We will improve these tools in future releases, for now please test them out and provide your feedback and suggestions for improvements!